I was tagged in this note on Facebook, and since I don't feel much like blogging, I'll be lazy and do this here.
25 Random Things...
1. I was born three months premature and my parents weren't sure I would make it.
2. I was home schooled for years. My mother pulled me out of Kindergarten halfway through after some trouble (a girl kept threatening to stab me, a boy kept breaking all my rings and throwing them in the trash, and I also got very ill) and I didn't rejoin the public school system until 4th grade.
3. I was a little socially awkward and did stupid things, like kissing a boy and assuming the girl who sat down beside me would automatically be my best friend. (This had happened in a book I had read. She hated me at first but eventually caved and we WERE best friends for years.)
4. I am allergic to cats, yet I have a kitten. Never underestimate my stubbornness.
5. It's rare for a day to go by without me doing any writing, whether it's blogging, poetry or work on stories.
6. My life would be infinitely better if I was out of debt. I am tremendously held back.
7. I am very, very hard on myself.
8. I've lost a lot of weight over the years, but still feel huge and hate my body. I'm much healthier now, but ideally I'd like to get down to a size 8 or 6, maybe somewhere around 140 pounds. (At my largest, I was a size 22, weighing upwards of 220 pounds.)
9. Spelling errors really bother me, and finding out that I've made one that has slipped by unnoticed really embarrasses me.
10. I love the building where I live, but wish it was closer to my job/a major city so I could get rid of my car and ride a bike everywhere.
11. I'd do just about anything to get a MacBook.
12. As a little kid, I never fantasized about a big wedding like most little girls. But really, I want nothing more than to get married and have a family. (That's not entirely true, I do want a career as well.)
13. I miss my red hair, but I got sick of dying it. It was bad for my health, my hair and the environment. I feel pretty gross as a brunette, but I know my hair is at it's best.
14. I also really miss manicures and pedicures. While the chemicals are still bad, I've given up on these only because I can't afford them.
15. No matter how bad my day gets, a Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks always makes me feel better. Or sushi, that works too.
16. I would love to have a wardrobe consultant.
17. I like making lists and I do so daily.
18. I really wish I could afford to get my wisdom teeth removed. They don't hurt, but they are negatively affecting my life.
19. Tina Fey is my hero. If I'm even half as awesome/successful as her one day, that's good enough for me.
20. I am on the search for the perfect winter coat, but I can never find one that is feminine yet warm.
21. The stupidest crap ever makes me happy, and I love little details that many wouldn't notice.
22. I was engaged once. It didn't work out, but that's probably for the best.
23. The first short story I ever published was in Boink Magazine. They ripped me off and never paid me what they owed me.
24. I have two tattoos, one large, one small. I have at least four more planned out in my head.
25. I love Polaroid photos and the iPhone "hipstamatic" photos.