I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday season! Mine was pretty low-key as I had a couple trips planned that got cancelled, but it was still a fun time.
My best friend Katie came up from Florida and we got to see each other for the first time in a while--I don't think I had seen her since she happened to be in town for my 27th (was it 27th?) birthday. It was great to see her and she gave me an awesome Christmas present (Sex and the City box set!) so now we can continually text each other about how I am such a Carrie and she is totally Miranda.
Les Mis FINALLY came out in theaters. I feel like I had been waiting for this moment for years! Needless to say, i was there on opening night and stupidly forgot my tissues. I didn't sob through the entire thing, but I sobbed through most of it. But then again, so did everyone else in the theater...
Katie and I snagged a coupon for Bright Nights and we happened to have perfect timing--there was snow on the ground and it snowed the whole time we were driving through the park. Just lovely. Bright Nights is definitely one of my favorite holiday traditions.
I got a ton of great Christmas presents, but the most fought-over one so far has to be my chenille blanket. I've wanted one for years but I never knew what fabric they were--and holy crap, is it amazing. Shaun and I play tug-of-war with it because it's that damn good.
Here are my goals from last year. I'd say that out of the 17, I was able to adhere to at least 14 of them, and even if I didn't follow the others to a T, I at least made an attempt.
1. Fillings. My dental insurance wouldn't cover all of my fillings last year, so I need to get the others taken care of. There were only 2 I believe, not 3, and they're tiny...but still. I should take care of them before they become a problem.
2. Passport and travel. I hope that 2013 is the year that I can finally see some part of Europe...even if it's only for a weekend.
3. See Annie on Broadway. My friend Christie and I had planned to go around Christmas time, but got held up. I definitely want to check this one off the list ASAP!
4. Learn to cook...I have a few standby meals at home that I usually fall back on, but I'd like to add a few more. Pinterest is a goldmine.
5. Pay off as much debt as possible. This is a goal every year. I hope this is the year I can clear out most of it with my tax return, because I have to start paying back my student loans soon since I GRADUATE in April.
6. Officially finish novel. I mean this by my own standards--my advisors at school are telling me that the novel "feels done", but it's a far cry from 80,000 words, and most publishers won't even consider a book that falls short of that. Not to mention, there's so much more to the story that needs to be told. I think I can finish it within the early months of 2013 if I really commit to it.
7. Redo apartment. There is so much I want for my apartment--shelving, bookcases, a washer and dryer, carpets for the living room, a sofa bed and new loveseat, new lighting...not to mention just tiny organizational fixes I want to do. It will be a big job, no doubt, but it'll be so worth it when it's done.
What are your goals for 2013? And did you meet your goals for 2012?