I vowed I'd give Birchbox THREE chances to really "hook" me.
My January box, the first one, was so-so...I loved the shampoo, and I'm using the lipgloss even though I'm not a huge fan. I at least could give the products a SHOT...
My February box arrived a little while ago, and, well...
It's safe to say, I'm still disappointed. Even more disappointed than the first box, actually.
1. Ghiradelli chocolate: Really? This is a BEAUTY box. I think the only time chocolate would be appropriate at all would be if it was one of those 75% pure cacao ones that actually has health benefits, antioxidants and such. If I wanted Ghiradelli (which I don't!) I would go to the store and buy some.
2) Color Club Fiesta Collection Nail Polish: This was a good try, in theory. It would have worked if a) I don't get my nails done professionally and b) if it wasn't such an ugly color. I personally don't like it, so I'm giving it to a friend...who, honestly, probably won't like the color either. But it's worth a shot.
3) Skin & Co. Sicilian Body Gel: This sounds super fancy, right? Essentially, it's just a bath soap. I was at least excited to try this one, and it smells really good out of the tube--like oranges--but I didn't notice any major difference with my skin. I don't feel cleaner or softer or more moisturized or anything, and the smell doesn't linger.
4) Lancome Bi-Facil: This is an eye makeup remover. Which is totally pointless to me, because the only makeup I wear is my eyeliner--which is TATTOOED on and doesn't come off.
5) a twistband Headband (not pictured): My friend Katie and I made these headbands ourselves when she came up for winter break. All it took was some fabric, a glue gun, and a hair elastic. I have probably ten of them. The twistband I got is in a hideous pink shade that I will literally only wear around the house.
The overall verdict? I really wish Birchbox allowed us to customize our options more. If they did, I could tell them straight up that I hate the color pink, that I don't wear nail polish, don't like chocolate, and don't wear eye makeup.
That being said, I DID change my settings for the next box. I had put down that I was "low maintenance", and I changed it to "adventurous". I also had selected previously that I knew "the basics" of makeup...I changed that to "I am well-versed" or something to that degree.
I hope these changes will shake up my next box a little! If not, I'm definitely heading over to ipsy and their Glambag!
(If you would like to try Birchbox yourself, feel free to use my referral link!)