Thursday, September 5, 2013

Not sure why I blog.

I know the most successful blogs have a theme, but I'm never quite sure what the "theme" of this blog is.  95% of the time it's me whining, right?  And the other 5% I talk about hair and makeup and cool things I found online.  Ho hum.

Anyway, I'll attempt not to whine right now.  Here's what's going on with me:

-I took on some new responsibilities at work lately, which in a nutshell has been talent scouting for our upcoming video podcast.  It's been really fun!
-At the end of August I vowed that September will be the LAST month I am allowing myself to work on novel revisions.  I have a list of things that need to be attended to, and on October 1st, no matter what state I -think- the manuscript is in, I will be sending it out to a test audience for feedback.  It's currently the 5th and I have 11 more spots that I need to work on.  If I can commit to working on one piece a day, I'll be in good shape!
-Speaking of being in good shape, I weighed in at the gym after month three of busting my ass, only to find NO numeric change.  This sucks, of course, but I am seeing some changes in my arms and legs, and I'm starting to feel "solid" rather than...well, squishy!  So, I'll take what I can get, I guess!  It also helps that one of the girls at work told me she can see my results.
-I applied for an unpaid internship with a publishing company and I am positively on pins and needles waiting to hear back from them!  I really want the opportunity to work for them.

That's all for now!

No comments: