|Me on my birthday! With a lovely astral crown made by Sue of Giant Dwarf.|
Well, I've been 30 for almost 6 months now, so it's time to see how well I did!
1. Graduate college: Done!
2. Eat in a fondue restaurant: Done!
3. Ride an elephant: Done!
4. Eat at the Cheesecake Factory: Done! (Twice!)
5. Get a pet: Done!
6. Go to a drive-in movie: Done! (Lots of times!)
7. Have tea at The Plaza Hotel: Done!
8. Buy something at Tiffany's: Done!
9. Christmas shop in NYC: Done!
10. Go to "The Real Bedford Falls": Done!
11. See Annie on Broadway: Done!
12. Get a latte with latte art: Done!
13. Publish a book (I've received two offers so far, but I turned them both down. So...almost!)
14. Get in shape (I went to the gym religiously for 6 months but nothing happened. I've been on Atkins for 3 weeks and I've lost 8 pounds...so...I'm getting there!)
15. Eat at a spinning restaurant
16. Ice skate at Rockefeller Center (tried, but couldn't get in!)
17. Go inside the Statue of Liberty
18. Go to Harry Potter World: Done!
19: Get a tin foil swan "doggie bag" (I went to a place that usually makes them...but, sadly the didn't give me one.
20. Get a kick ass wardrobe
21. Experience "dark dining"
22. Create a minimalistic photobook
23. Purchase a designer handbag: Done! (Twice!)
24: Go fishing & boating: Done!
25. Go to the Moth: Done!
26. See Central Park
27. See Nick Cave in concert: Done! (Twice!)
28. See Leonard Cohen in concert: Done!
29. Go to Raines Law Room: Done!
30*: Swim with dolphins: I decided that I don't really want to do this, after all. Zoos and aquariums etc just make me sad for the creatures there.
So, all in all, I made pretty good work of the list, completing 19 out of 29 things, and at least trying four other things. Some of the things on the list I could still knock out easily with a day in NYC! (Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Ice skating at Rockefeller Center, Dark Dining, a spinning restaurant!)
Out of all of everything here, I highly recommend visiting "The Real Bedford Falls" (if you're as into It's a Wonderful Life as I am!) and Harry Potter World. Also, seeing Leonard Cohen in concert and having tea at the Plaza hotel were pretty awesome. And The Moth was a real good time!
I definitely encourage you to make a list of your own. In fact, I might make a smaller list each year!